Are you already using live video? Are you putting it off because it’s intimidating? Maybe you aren’t sure that it will benefit you. (Spoiler alert: Yes, it will benefit you.)
If you are wondering if live video is a trend (or hoping it is!) the answer to that is NO. It’s not going to go away, so you might want to get comfortable with the idea of using it. Live video is a powerful tool that you can start using now to build your brand.
Live Video Options
You have a few options at your disposal, but we’re going to focus on Facebook live today. Yes, you can go live on YouTube and Instagram, and I recommend those, too!
Facebook presents some really unique benefits, though, so let’s stick with that for now.
Some Stuff To Know About Facebook Live Video
- Facebook is giving priority to video. Specifically live video. This is important in terms of reach. We all know Facebook is super stingy when it comes to making your content visible, so every little bit helps.
- You can broadcast your message just to those you want to reach. You can go live publicly, in private groups, on your feed to just friends, etc. This is great news for health and life coaches, small businesses and anyone who utilizes groups to build community and promote their products and services. You have the ability to create live video content just for members of your group — the very people you want to reach. Of course, you can save that video and post it to your business page or personal profile later if you want.
- Your live video doesn’t disappear. This is in contrast to Instagram live video. They take a more Snapchat approach, so once you’re done, it’s gone. Facebook allows you to save your video. This means there are even more opportunities to get your content seen. Views, likes, comments and shares can continue on and on, increasing your chances of creating a viral video that boosts your business.
- You get live feedback. This is an incredible opportunity to learn more about your audience and connect with your community. Answer questions live, learn what your listeners are concerned about. What are they excited about, or what are they NOT so excited about? Live video gives you the opportunity to get instant feedback for your content. While this seems a little nervewracking, it’s really so worth it.
But Live Video Is Scary!
Yes it’s a little intimidating. Practice makes perfect though, and a few trial runs will have you feeling more comfortable. Start right now, and before you know it you’ll be a seasoned pro. If you are absolutely terrified and feeling like you just can’t do it, consider starting or joining a private Facebook group dedicated to getting comfortable with creating live content. That’s what I did!
If you’ve been putting it off, now is the time to jump in. Stick your toe in if you must, but just get started. You’ll be glad you did. Facebook Live Video isn’t going anywhere. It’s not slowing down, it’s growing like crazy, so start taking advantage of the benefits for your brand.
Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment, I would love to get to know you better! And if you think someone else could benefit from this, give it a share.
Latest posts by Sabra (see all)
- The Two Types of Procrastination: Alignment and Resistance - August 1, 2017
- When Self-Improvement Becomes A F**king Chore - July 26, 2017
- The Magic of Letting Go - July 2, 2017